Well tomorrow will be a week since our belongings arrived here in Maryland, and this has definitely been a week of "lost" and "found." The lost computer charger has now been found
in the suitcase that traveled all 3,000 miles with me across the US in a very hidden place, therefore I am actually able to complete adoption paperwork and blog again! The lost hairdryer has now been found, therefore my hair looks normal again (until I walk outside anyway). The lost poles for the laundry sorter have now been found. Next time I will know to look in a box marked "garage" for those, even though they were originally located in the laundry room. Nathyn's lost football card album has been found, only to now be unable to find the football cards that started that search in the first place! But I think my favorite thing that I have found so far was something I didn't even quite realize had been lost for years...time with my kids! I have played Bey Blades with Zachary, done puzzles with Nathyn, had a facial and a hair do by Alyssa, picnicked at the base pool, and even sat and watched an entire movie with them! Trivial to some I suppose, but a pretty big deal to someone who has spent more of the last 16 years with other people's kids than my own!
Sometimes things are lost and we search diligently to find them because they are so important! This morning I was reading from my devotional
Jesus Calling. The title for today was "I Speak to You Continually." It was a reminder to look for the ways God communicates to us in every day people and occurrences. And it ended with one of my favorite verses: Jeremiah 29:13. "You will seek me and
find me when you seek me with all your heart." Finding stuff in boxes, finding time with my kids, and finding my Lord. So glad they are all being FOUND!
Lewis and Clark statue by the Mississippi River
in St. Louis...and a few modern day explorers.
No comments:
Post a Comment