When I first saw Mycah's file, I had NO idea what CAH was. Since our journey to make him our son began, I have been trying to make myself more knowledgeable about his disease. It isn't as easy as one might expect since this is not as prevalent as other conditions and diseases. But I have found a few websites and made a couple of connections with parents of children who also have this or similar adrenal insufficiencies. Those are proving to be invaluable resources. However, with this expanding knowledge of CAH, I find fear trying to creep in. Not a fear of IF we can parent him, but a fear that we may not make it to him in time to prevent more serious effects of the disease. I know fear is not of the Lord, so perhaps I should term it "extra motivation"! After chatting with a fellow CAH parent over the weekend, we have decided to ask for a medical expedite. These are often not granted by China even for the seemingly sickest of kids, so I am aware that we may not be successful. But, like my mom says, "The worst they can say is no, right?" And what kind of parents would we be if we didn't try to provide him with the care that he needs?
So this is what we need prayer for:
1. The Johns Hopkins doctors will review his file, even
though is is not a patient yet (no insurance for Mycah until he is
"ours").
2. Either the Johns Hopkins doctors or another doctor will write a
strongly worded letter about his need for immediate medical
treatment.
3. We will have favor with all parties involved (Drs, Senators,
immigrations, China, our agency).
4. All processing and paperwork will be done quickly.
5. God would continue to financially provide so that finances do
not slow our process!
6. God would continue to keep Mycah safe and healthy while he
waits.
The fact that God has allowed Mycah to live for 4 years and 2 months without having treatment for this disease is incredible already. I know that God has a special plan for this little guy, and I am humbled and excited to have the opportunity to parent this little miracle. Thank you all for your prayers.
PS...Thank you to those who have entered our iPad giveaway! We are inching closer and closer to our goal! If you haven't entered and would like to, please see my last post.
No comments:
Post a Comment