Tomorrow will (hopefully) be my next to last visit to the Chinese embassy. I am going to apply for my visa. Still no idea why I get nervous when I have to do this kind of stuff? It will be nice if they agree to process my dear friend's visa at the same time since she is my travel partner, even though I don't have the normally required receipt for plane tickets, and she lives in a different state! Don't worry, Sonia...I did come up with a Plan B. And C if needed :-)
"Learn to do good. Seek Justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." Isaiah 1:17
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Wonder what he's thinkin'?
Although Mycah was told back in August that he had a Mama and Baba, he has had no idea who they (we) were. We decided to mostly obey our agency's wishes and refrain from sending any care packages until after we received our LOA. So last week, a small package was sent containing a flash drive (which hopefully the orphanage will fill with pics and docs), candies for him and his friends, a letter from us, and...my favorite...a photo album of 20 pictures of our family! Each photo had captions beneath it introducing mama, baba, Zachary, Alyssa, Nathyn, and of course, Molly and Oasis! We also sent pics of our house, his new bed, our van, and several pics of family activities like skiing, picnicking, and hiking. So I wonder what he is thinking now? I mean his whole little world is about to be turned upside down by the faces staring back at him in those pictures. Does he get it? Does he have ANY idea what it means? Is he happy? Is he scared? Does he think we look funny? Does he like his Toy Story bed? Or did he just think the whole thing was an interesting picture book? Please pray that his nannies help prepare him for this transition by showing him the book often and by talking to him in a positive way about this big change coming up in a few weeks.
Labels:
Mycah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No worries, I will swim there if I have to. :) Can't wait!!!!
ReplyDelete