It's hard to believe that our time here in DC is over already. The trip across the country from California to Maryland with my dad, three kids and a cat is still so fresh in my mind! I'm not sure that my dad has even recovered yet? And yet here we are doing it again tomorrow. I am excited to begin our journey, yet a little sad to say good bye to another set of great friends. Our Riverdale family is second to none, and our Andrews homeschool friends have been amazing. You all made this 11 month assignment not only bearable, but enjoyable. Thank you!
I'd appreciate your prayers for Mycah as we travel. He has again been such a trooper during this crazy week of moving. I can only imagine what was going through his head as strange men put most of his toys in big brown boxes that were loaded on a huge truck. I tried to google translate for him about our "new house" and he seemed to get it. And now after packing and cleaning, his word of the week is "heavy." Please pray he continues to feel safe and comfortable on this long vacation/move. Also, please pray that his medications do what they are supposed to to regulate his adrenal glands while we are traveling. And last, but certainly not least, please pray that he tolerates the long periods of time in his car seat...he's SO not a fan!
So glad this busy week has come to an end. Not sure what order the pictures will show up at the bottom, but mycah pitched an amazing 4 year old fit in the car, the boys had haircuts, we visited the zoo with Nina, loved painting in art class, met Sparky the firehouse dog, went bowling for Darrell's class party, cleaned and cleaned and cleaned our now empty house, deflated air mattresses, and cleaned some more! So glad that final walk thru with the landlord is over now!
Next stop...Virginia! Not that far away, but we are making a "fun for the kids" stop to start off our trip! It's a last minute surprise for them and I can't wait until we get there!














Oh my word, Mycah's smiles are priceless!! What a sweetie! Love the kids together in bed pic! Praying for safe & easy travels!
ReplyDelete