"Learn to do good. Seek Justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." Isaiah 1:17

Monday, August 13, 2012

And Here's the Birthday Boy!

When we initially sent our birthday care package through Red Thread, Ann emphasized several times that I would have to be patient in receiving the pictures and reply letter as our orphanage is usually slow in providing these things.  BUT!  This weekend, we already received a few pictures and a response from Mycah to the questions we sent in the letter!  

So...behold 4 year old cuteness!!!



I'm not exactly sure that he was liking the song they were apparently singing?  Or perhaps he is self-conscious about the snazzy birthday crown?  Using my sequencing skills, I think the following pictures are in order?













Although it appears that all the birthday "stuff" is there, I can't help but notice there's a smile missing from his little face.  So I wonder...does he just not understand?  Does he not enjoy being the center of attention?  Did they drop the "you have a family now" bombshell before they cut the cake and his little mind is reeling from the possibility??  Whatever the case, I so hope that birthday number 5 brings a smile to his handsome face.  

We did receive answers to some of our questions.




1.  Do you feel like a big boy now?                 Yes, I think I am a big boy.


2.  What is your favorite thing to play with?     I like to play toys.

3.  What is your favorite color?                      My favourite color is yellow.

4.  What is your favorite movie or TV show?   I like "Pleasant goat and  big big wolf"

5.  Do you like dogs?                                       I like dogs.


6.  Who is your favorite friend?          My favorite friends are Li yatong,

                           Gangyang and Wang yaying. 

7.  What is the first thing you want to do when you come to our house?  
 I want to play with brothers and sisters.

8.  What language does Junbin speak?               Cantonese.


I think that number 7 is my favorite answer by far:-)  

Please pray for Mycah as he now waits for a family that he knows is coming, and pray for us as we continue on this journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment