"Learn to do good. Seek Justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." Isaiah 1:17

Friday, August 31, 2012

Our Boy Who Waits....


Isn't he the cutest!!!

Several weeks ago, another adoptive mama received her travel dates to get her little girl from Mycah's orphanage.  She so graciously offered to ask about him when she got there.  Often during orphanage visits, this is not allowed.  So I tried not to get my hopes up.  However, not only did the staff bring him out to meet her, she was allowed to take pictures and video!  During this time we found out that he is attending school now (maybe learning Mandarin?).  He looked very healthy and seemed to be a little shy.  He said nothing, but smiled and made his "peace" sign that seems very popular over there.  I will be forever grateful to Sheryl and Andy for letting us "see" our son and for letting him know that we love him!  This was very kind of them considering all they had on their plate that day with their new little Lucy!






This is his teacher.  He seemed very comfortable with her!

The orphanage was apparently very clean and had a friendly staff.  For that I am very thankful!  However, at the end of the day, an orphanage is not a family.  And so I press on with this "paper pregnancy" with hopes of having him join our family as quickly as possible!  Please continue to pray for favor and for quick processing!  This mama wants her big boy home!




2 comments:

  1. And I so wanted to tell them that, while I was there, I would just go ahead and bring him home for you :) So happy he has a family coming. Can't wait for you to meet him! I still show Lucy his pictures from that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, thanks for writing in my blog. I'd love to talk sometime. I am on FB or you can email me. Let me know if you want my email address. Your little guy is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete