So if you frequent many adoption blogs, this is a post you may want to skip. It is quite a typical "first day" post:-)
We are so close to Mycah...only about an hour and a half away! This morning we took the train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou where we will spend the rest of our trip. What a difference between Hong Kong and the rest of China! The 2 hour train ride was absolutely fascinating. The climate here is much like central Florida (warm and OH SO humid!), so they can grow almost anything. There were some really neat trees and plants that I have never seen before. Can't wait to get pics of them. We also saw the incredible poverty that much of this country lives in. What a contrast between our homes and theirs. And I'm sure the next time the whole"wants vs. needs" conversation comes up with my kids, I will be pulling out some pictures of this trip. The people and the country are amazing, however. Just wish I could communicate here a little better.
Our guide met us at the train station and brought us here to The Garden. What an amazing hotel! When we arrived our room was not ready, so we ventured out to Trustmart, which is the Walmart here in china. It is set up very differently. There are multiple floors and it is very crowded! We managed to pick up some food for our room and even a couple goodies to take back to our kids. We did pass on the live turtle (in the meat department!) and dried stingray, however. Luckily I did find a very important item you will see below! Our breakfast this morning was huge, so we just snacked for lunch. I think we are going to venture out for dinner soon, even though I think I am more tired than hungry! Early bedtime for me tonight. Hopefully I can sleep past 3:45am this time.
One more sleep without your family, Mycah Junbin! Gotcha Day is tomorrow. We are meeting in the hotel lobby at 2:00pm head to the civil affairs office. That's 2am Monday morning for my east coast friends and family! So hopefully by the time you guys wake up, I'll have something posted!

Praying for that wonderful moment when you see your son in person for the very first time!!
ReplyDeleteSoak it all in!!