I can't believe the day is finally here. I also can't believe how many conflicting emotions I have today! Excitement is definitely one of them! But tiny bits of sadness and fear keep popping up as well. It was hard to leave the kids today...hard to say goodbye when Darrell dropped me off at the airport. Leaving everything and almost everyone I know and am comfortable with is quite a reality check. I guess it does give me a little perspective on how Mycah will feel in just 3 short days!
For those who are interested, my flight leaves DC at 10:15 and heads to JFK. There I will find my incredible friend and travel partner, Sonia. We will leave JFK for Hong Kong at 2:55pm. We will arrive in HK at 7pm tomorrow local time, which is 7am EST Saturday.
I would like to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who have supported us financially on our journey! We could not have done this without you. You have partnered with us to fulfill God's command to take care of the orphan. I pray God would reward your faithfulness and generosity!
Please pray for the following today.
1. Pray for travel safety!
2. Pray for no delays.
3. Pray for my friend Sonia as she has left her 7 beautiful boys at home to help me bring home mine! I know her Momma's heart is heavy today.
4. Pray for Mycah. Pray that he is being prepared for his big change and that he immediately feels safe and loved when he walks into my arms.
5. Pray for Darrell and my dad and Mary as they hold down the fort here at home.
6. Pray for Zachary, Alyssa and Nathyn that their hearts are also prepared for the change in our family. And that they get their schoolwork done :-)
Blessings from DC!
Part 2....
We made it to HK! 16 hours was a long time to sit in one seat! Hong Kong looks amazing at night with all the lights. Hopefully a better blogpost on Sunday. It is WAY past my bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment